Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Oooops

Looks like I have been neglecting my goals. Funny how it happens when I haven't been posting. Guess I need to do this regularly. Well, what have I been doing instead of all the things around the apartment? I went back home on Thursday to start preparing for our garage sale. We decided to work on it at night because it has been so darn hot and humid out lately! Good thing we did because I was even sweating at 9pm! Thanks Dad for getting us all evening snacks of malts! :) Since I had soooo much stuff we didn't finish that night and decided to finish Friday night. Friday I went a-shopping with mi madre and I got to choose lunch. Yummmmm A&W!! Then it was back to garage sale preparing. It was a good thing I started in the afternoon even though it was hot because I was at it until 9:30! Finally everything was ready for us to just sit and watch the sales go! We were up at 7am to start off the sale. Gotta open up early since that is when the majority of the sales are. I'm pretty sure that 95% of the money I made that day was all before 10:30am. I didn't get rid of even half of our stuff, but made decent money with what I did sell and the rest went to a local church. Ah, if felt so good not having all of the stuff we don't need anymore. Okay, I'll admit it, there were a few clothes that I brought home since they didn't sell and I know that I will wear them.

I came back to Ames on Saturday to fill the rest of the weekend with friends and more family. Saturday was spent enjoying a friend's awesome new apartment in the heart of downtown Des Moines. I'm sure there will be many a night spent over there! I have to say I am a bit jealous of the apartment. However, I keep reminding myself that I may like it a ton, but that what I truly want is a place where I own my own grass! We wouldn't be able to save money if we lived there! At least I can enjoy it by visiting.

Sunday we slept in and then met my parents and sister for lunch at Arby's. They then stopped by our apartment to look at wedding pictures! After they were gone our friends Dom and Katie came over and we played some SceneIt! and rented a movie. What a great FULL weekend filled with family and friends. :)

Monday was spent doing hardly anything, mostly dealing with a horrible migraine (which pretty much put me out of commission). However, I was able to apply for a few more jobs. Tuesday I did a bit of light cleaning and catching up on some blogs and grocery shopping. I also spent and hour going to various stores in search of Scene It Harry Potter Edition with no luck of finding it.

What's on my list for today? Get back to the routine that was making me so happy before! All I have done this morning is make coffee, eat a pop tart, read a few blogs, and start a loaf of bread. I guess I have started a load of laundry, too. I will do the rest of the laundry and put away all of the clean clothes that have been thrown about our apartment as if a tornado came through. On the menu for tonight: homemade pizza with crust made in the breadmaker! Another goal: to post before going to bed with what I have accomplished today (so as to be held accountable!)

No comments:

Post a Comment