Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Yummy & Horrible Supper

Well, apple recipe number 2 of 6 is complete! I made Apple Dumplings tonight! I came across this recipe, thought it looked good and then saw that Mountain Dew was in it?! Such intrigue followed. I thought it was crazy but it actually all works out quite well.

This is so easy to make that it could become horribly addicting. I mean, when there is as much sugar and butter as is called for, how can anything taste bad? As for the Mountain Dew, there was barely a hint of the taste when I devoured one two of these little guys.

I'm guessing you can see where my Yummy & Horrible Supper title came from. Jesse wasn't home yet, so I figured I'd test one out while waiting for him and before making supper. It was better than I thought it would be.

Time went by and I was still hungry with no sign of Jesse. I started boiling water for spaghetti. The water started to boil. Wait a sec! We don't have any spaghetti! Kind of difficult to make without the feature ingredient.

I'll admit it, it wasn't very difficult to convince myself to have another dumpling. Then I decided, might as well finish off the pickle wrap dip while I'm at it. Well, mission accomplished! Hence the horrible supper on Dani's part.

No comments:

Post a Comment