Pages

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Unplugging {sorta} Challenge

Okay, I'm laying in bed tonight, mentally preparing myself for tomorrow as I do every night.
What's going on at work tomorrow?
What are we having to eat tomorrow?
What is it going to take to get ready in the morning?
Is there any shopping that needs to be done?
What needs to be done around the apartment?
What things do I want to do?

Well, my friends, there are lots of things around the apartment that need to get done and plenty of items on my wanting to do list. I just haven't been getting to them. Call it laziness, call it a lack of desire, call it whatever you want. I'm calling it "Dani's getting sucked into the computer and flipping on TV after supper routine."

After supper, I stay plopped in front of my computer and the TV, trolling through blogs and Pinterest, looking for all kinds of things that look like fun or are great ideas....but I haven't really been doing much more than pinning or bookmarking these things. I have a few projects that I have started and stopped in the middle of them.

So, I'm giving myself a little challenge (and let's be honest, I don't have much confidence that I will make it through).  For the rest of the week I'm challenging myself to not get sucked into the computer and flipping on the next season of Friends.

There is plenty of cleaning and organizing that needs done around here, and that should be put top of my list (but probably won't be) and I have an ever growing list of projects. So that's where I'm starting. Cleaning and project starting and completing.

Now, I'm not going to be crazy and not be on the computer at all, or not have the TV on at all. I'll turn the TV to see if any big news happened and what the weather's going to be like.  And if Jesse wants to have the TV on, I'm not going to stop him. But I've noticed I'm the one the turns it on and leaves it on. I'll do my best to stay away from my Google Reader and Pinterest accounts but will still check my email for those of my dear friends that like to send me notes. And many of my crafting ideas have tutorials online that I'll be needing to use as a refresher, so there's no way I'll be getting away from this awesome place called the internet.

Hopefully, I'll be cleaning and crafting my little hear away the rest of the week! After all, that's what I dream of doing while I'm at work all day, so why don't I do it when I get home?

So, that's what I'm doing. That's my plan. That's my challenge. I have enough to keep me busy for quite awhile....we'll see how long it lasts. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment