Please don't get annoyed by me updating on how I'm doing with Dani's hopes and dreams for the next 355 days. I need to do it to keep myself on track and I think this is the best way to hold myself accountable.
-The after work routine is going okay right now. It's a little different since we moved and that we are working on one car (stupid blower isn't working in my car = no heat).
- Watching less TV is definitely happening. It may be on even less now that the channels we are provided for free, don't include anything ESPN.
- New recipes are popping up all over the place around here! Jesse has a bookmarks folder for things he want to try, I have a bookmarks folder of things I want to try, and I read through our cookbooks to make another list of things we want to try! This week, everything was new. None of them were utter failures, but I doubt I will make the majority of them again.
- Craft time is kind of on hold right now as I am trying to organize all of our things, plus the things my parents brought us. However, I am continuing to add to my list of must trys. Most of them consist of wreaths, anything coffee filter related, tissue paper ideas (good thing I have tons leftover from the wedding!), and 'rosettes'.
- I haven't been taking pictures every day like I wanted, but Penny is featured in most of what I have taken lately! ;)
- Decluttering is kind of my main thing right now as I organizing our stuff.
- I feel that I'm doing a good job of buying less, but I have to admit that I do have quite the wish list for decorating our apartment. I want it to feel like a home and not temporary housing and decorating is definitely the way to do that.
- Couponing and sales shopping is not going so well...I need to work on this area
- Considering we haven't really bought much, I haven't been buying locally (unless the local Target counts!).
- Have not yet gotten a library card, but do have some free books that I'm reading.
- I'm drinking much more water every day and even craving it at times!
- Date nights are set!
- We have a general idea of how much we want saved as an emergency fund and also for down payment on a house...but I would still like to get this nailed down a bit more.
- Freezer cooking has not happened yet and doesn't look like it will be soon. Good thing I gave myself to June!
- Slowly decorate our apartment. This, organizing our stuff, and adding to my crafting list is all that seems to be on my mind lately. I have ideas for what I want in the bathroom and bedroom, but not having much luck finding what I want...guess I need to go to a store that actually specializes in decorating/furnishing these rooms.
I'm actually surprising myself how well I am doing here! I've only flubbed one time and it was by choice and it was totally avoidable. I couldn't help myself, it was Superbowl Sunday and I didn't have any Packers colors selected for my 33 items. So I broke the rules and wore a yellow long sleeve shirt and green tee shirt that weren't on my list. Hey, rules are made to be broken, right? I'll also be breaking the rules in a couple of weeks. I just don't think I'll be able to get away with wearing jeans and sweaters in Florida all week. Or at least I won't be a very happy camper if I do. I'm looking forward to wearing dresses and skirts! But I will try my best to select items that I would choose for 33 items if I decide to keep this project up come summer.
Thanks for listening! :)