Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend Rosette Projects

After spending Friday night making a plan of attack on the fabric flowers I made this week, I woke up Saturday morning ready to hit up some craft shops. Oddly enough I ended up getting all of my supplies from Hobby Lobby (with the exception of headbands).

When I got home, the first item I wanted to make was necklace. I didn't think to buy fabric glue, so thought I'd try using Gorilla Glue that we already had. Well, I'm too impatient for that. And it's much more difficult to clean up than hot glue. So, the hot glue gun to the rescue! And my first rosette project was complete.

I'm proud to say that it held up quite well while bowling last night! :)

Next I moved onto making a single flower hair clip:

Then a stretchy headband with three flowers:
Here is a picture of how I have them all attached. This doesn't seem to be the best way of going about attaching the flowers, but I was so anxious to make all of these that I couldn't brainstorm anymore about it! But I think it's a great first effort. If anyone has any suggestions for me, please let me know! I may glue and try to sew them on as well, but think that could get difficult for my lack of skills. Before I do any more projects, I will be buying some sort of fabric glue or liquid stitch.

Then today, I decided to go for the pillow cover using a no sew method from Kara's Korner. Again, I used hot glue but will find a better solution next time. Since this is just a throw pillow that will be on our pillow, I think the hot glue will hold up just fine.
I can't decide if I should add more flowers to it or not. After all, I do still have many of them left! It use to be the same geometric shape as the comforter just in a smaller version. I simply put the cover over the top of it. A slight tinge of brown shows through the linen, which I knew would happen when I bought the material but was okay with that since it will continue to work. Here is the pillow in it's new home.

The ugly gold pillow on the left is one of my next projects, then maybe new shams for the two gold pillows behind them as well.

I cannot wait until I have more fabric to make more flowers and then figure out what else to do with them!

All of my 'loot' from this weekend!

10 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! thanks for all of the photos! i was wanting to see your creations. if you still end up with some left and no clue what to do with them you could always make gifts (hint hint :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. love the color of the top you have on with the necklace colors. what top is that, btw? the material reminds me of this navy blue long sleeve tunic-ish top thingy i have :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all the projects you came up with! I really like the mix of colors and fabrics. Everything looks great!

    Stopping by from Market Yourself Monday.
    Valerie- www.occasionallycrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I've never really seen the rosettes attached to headbands/clips any other way that what it seems you did. Every one I've seen has been glued to felt, cut around and then a second piece of felt was used to sandwich the headband/clip in between.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you used all your rosettes, your fabric colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pillow! The colors you chose are fabulous. Great job!!
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. stopping by from Trendy Treehouse!
    what a cute blog you have:)

    xoxo
    bB

    Please stop by and say hi.
    www.itsybitsybrianna.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete