Pages

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Fall Decor - Dollar Store Style

Owls have become my go to fun buddy lately. After making this fall craft, We now have three owls in our living room and I'm up to two owl necklaces!

Anyways, onto the craft. These two little guys ended up costing me a whopping $2. I just had to buy the two ceramic owls at Dollar Tree and had the rest of the supplies on hand (paint and glaze).



I simply painted the ceramic owls with one coat of a light grey paint, let it dry, and then rubbed some antiquing glaze all over the owls.

I probably should coat them with some sort of sealer because the acrylic paint can easily be scratched off, but since they are just sitting on our end tables, I'm not in too big of a rush. For now I'm just enjoying the little dudes (or dudettes).



Then to go along with the owls is the glittered pumpkin you see above.  This also only cost $2. One dollar each for the pumpkin and a package of glitter.



I 'painted' sections of the pumpkin with Mod Podge and then dumped glitter over it and repeated until the whole pumpkin was covered in glitter.  To keep the glitter from getting all over the place when the pumpkin is moved I sprayed it with a few coats of clear coat sealer.

So there you have it! A few fun fall decorations on the cheap! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this!! Did you see my Owl Apothecary jars made with the same little owls?? Yours are so cute I am going to make some with the leftover owls I have!!!

    http://pinkcakeplate.com/cake/halloween-owl-apothecary-jars/

    ReplyDelete