Pages

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home - Days 1 & 2

Hello there, all!  As usual, it has been quite awhile since my last post. Well, I've decided to follow along with Money Saving Mom's 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home series. Not the typical type of thing I've blogged about, but hey, why not give it a shot? After all, I'm in a constant state of In-Progress organizing and cleaning around here (more of making lists than actually organizing). Plus, maybe I'll keep up with the whole series if I feel like I need to write about it each day.

I got a 'slow' start to it, so this is Day 1 & 2 together.

:: Get dressed in something that makes you feel great.
       It just so happens that I had to go into the office yesterday so I was forced to get dressed in 'real' clothes and look presentable. The rest of the week will be a challenge since I'll be working from home and the dog could care less what I wear (though she does prefer that I wrap up in a blanket so she can sit on me).

::Make a list of 5-10 goals for this week.
       - Paint second coat in downstairs bathroom
       - Add 2 more coats of finishing oil on the headboard project
       - Follow the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home Series
       - Keep up on the daily cleaning checklist I created
       - Finish figuring out Thanksgiving foods
       - One blog post (other than these series updates)

:: Set the timer for 15 minutes and quickly pick up the main living areas of your home. (Done on Day 2)
       The before pictures (of course I have popped some Friends in to have going on in the background during the cleaning! Season 6 to be exact.)


     And the after pictures

:: Clean out your purse and.or diaper bag.
       I've been switching back and forth between two purses and my laptop bag recently so I've been cleaning up items as I go. Yay!


:: Get dressed in something that makes you feel great.
       - It turned out to be quite the quirky outfit, but at least I wasn't wearing sweatpants, or worse yet, my pj's all day. I felt good in it but I most likely wouldn't go out in public as it wasn't quite matching: Green summer dress with a cream cardigan and black capri leggings. I was still a bit chilly so I put on my slipper boots and a brown scarf. For a little while I even had on Jesse's Northface jacket. I probably looked silly, but I felt good plus cozy! :)

:: With your list of goals for the week in hand, make a list of 5-7 specific things to accomplish today.
       - 2nd coat of paint in the downstairs bathroom (completed)
       - Day 1 assignment (completed)
       - Day 2 assignment (completed)
       - Blog about them (completed)
       - Work on non-organizing blog post (working on)
       - My weekly Tuesday cleaning task of dusting (don't think this will get done today)

:: Set the time for 10 minutes and do a quick clean of the kitchen
       - I didn't pay close attention to this item and I set the timer for 15 minutes...which was a good thing because I spent even longer than the 15 minutes cleaning the kitchen (it had been a mess for quite awhile)....so it definitely needed some attention.
       Before pictures


       After pictures


:: Set the timer for 10 minutes and do a quick clean of the refrigerator
       - Well, I didn't set the time for this, but I browsed through the items and threw out anything that was old. Took out the shelves and wiped them all out. I slightly organized the food, but there isn't much in there so it didn't take too much effort.

And there we have it. Two days down on 4 weeks to a more organized home! Now just to keep up with it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment